14 days ago
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As General Counsel you are an expert in IP law, copyrights, patents, trademarks and commercial agreements and you love games so this is perfect for you!
Your Team Mates
Our legal team represents Kwalee in the court of law. They have an objective sense of what’s ethical in the work we produce. As platforms are rampant with illicit activity, the team adopts resilience and sound legal strategies to shut them down and protect our players from potential harm.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Overseeing all legal matters at Kwalee
- Managing a small in-house legal team and working closely with external legal advisers
- Handling our Intellectual Property rights
- Producing and reviewing commercial agreements
- Managing anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy matters including takedown notices
- Assisting with domestic and foreign trademark prosecution and litigation
- Keeping track of all existing agreements and ensuring they are adhered to
Your Hard Skills
- Fully qualified lawyer with 15 years of experience managing disputes and litigation in intellectual property (trademarks, copyright and patents) and producing and negotiating commercial agreements including licensing with at least 10 year of PQE (preferably with some experience practicing law in the UK or the US)
- Law degree from a well-reputed university
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail
- Self starter attitude, proactive
- Passion for games
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.