Gametech Lab Assistant
19 days ago
We are looking for a 6 month employment contractor to assist with the GameTech Lab. This role requires a mix of technical and administrative skills.
The goal of the Lab is to test Paradox titles for hardware compatibility and performance, and to work with hardware partners (Nvidia, Intel, etc) to secure the latest gaming hardware. In the Lab, you will help with inventorying such gaming hardware, curating our stock and researching what extra components we need so that the Lab stays up to date. You will use these components to build custom machines. You will assist with performance tests on titles, by testing the games on hardware platforms. You will collect performance data using tracking tools, tabulate results and write QA bug tickets.
You will help with research, deepening the Lab’s understanding of the gaming hardware market. You will help produce reports to ascertain the added value of partner tech, like adoption of Ray Tracing or games which use RGB solutions. Overall, you will assist in organizing reports, filing and administration of the Lab’s daily operations. As the Assistant, you will be part of the Product Launch team and report to the GameTech Relations Manager. You will be present in high level meetings and will assist in note-taking.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- PC hardware inventorying and research, acquisition of components
- Troubleshooting of components, installation of OS and software, networking
- Assemble custom machines, for deployment and testing
- Conduct title performance tests, extract data, tabulate results, input QA bugs
- Organization of data reports, general administration, shipping logistics, meeting assistant
- Good knowledge of PC hardware, hands-on technical experience
- Good knowledge of OS deployment, software installation, networking is a plus
- Comfortable with computer games, QA experience is a plus
- Good with office software such as G-suite or other. JIRA, Linux and Mac is a plus
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
On a personal level you are technically minded, you like computer hardware and you are comfortable with PC software. You are detail oriented and patient with solving technical problems. You have high organizational skills and like keeping things in order. You like computer games! Work location will be on-site and remote hybrid.
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.