Games Translator - (English to Simplified Chinese)
11 days ago
Do you want to be part of a leading international technical service provider to the global #Gaming Industry with studios in Asia, Europe, North and South America?
We are currently in the process of expanding our pool of English to Simplified Chinese #Translators and are looking for professional, experienced candidates to become members of our growing global team.
Translators will be responsible for working closely with Project Managers in delivering high quality translations to Keywords’ clients. Translators may also from time to time be tasked with supporting the Vendor Management team in reviewing test translations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate content from English into Simplified Chinese with high quality standards.
- Review translations in Simplified Chinese to ensure consistency and quality.
- Provide detailed language quality reports on the texts reviewed.
- Improve glossaries, manage terminology and develop documentation and style guidelines for your language.
- Provide feedback and collaborate effectively with vendors (freelance translators, recording studios, etc.).
- Set the creative vision for the target language.
- Work closely with in-house team members to ensure translations meet the quality standards.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all members of the team to improve processes and achieve common goals.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an English-to-Simplified Chinese freelance or in-house translator, preferably in the gaming industry.
- Passion for the video game industry, with solid experience in playing games.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in working with people from different cultures.
- Working knowledge of CAT tools.
- Educational qualification in linguistics is an advantage.
- 18 Days of Paid Annual Leave Entitlement
- Family Care Leave
- Enhanced Sick Leave
- Training Opportunity
- Flexi Benefits
- EAP - Employee Assistance Program that assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their work, health, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance Coverage inclusive of Dental
- Attractive Welcome Pack for New Hire
- This is a 1-year contract (renewable) position.
- Working hours: Mondays to Fridays, 10 am to 7 pm
K eywords Studios is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavor to create a workplace, which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Keywords Studios is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.