Games Tester with Nordic Language Skills
2 days ago
A world-class partner to the games industry, trusted to deliver the highest quality services with passion, expertise and agility
To serve our partners by enhancing the experience of gamers across the world through our passionate and expert team
Quality, Passion, Agility, Customer Initimacy, Teamwork
Over the last 16 years Universally Speaking (US) has built a reputation as a world class partner to the games industry, trusted to deliver the highest quality services with passion, expertise, and agility.
Games are only great when you step forward and bring your best skills to the team. Are you ready for your challenge?
You will be one of the first people to experience the game and will be part of a dynamic, high performing and multi-disciplined team whose mission is to get the game ready for release.
You’ll have a passion to get things right, you are thorough in your attention to detail, you’re open to learning new skills and work hard to hit deadlines.
It doesn’t matter if this is your first job or you’ve been working for years, you’ll want to be part of the best testing team on the planet where every day you’re learning as you work on a variety of different projects.
What would you do at work?
- Your job is to make sure games and applications give the best user experience by being linguistic bug free
- Check in-game text for linguistic accuracy and correctness, and its accordance to cultural rules
- To do this you will learn how to follow the Universally Speaking LQA process and professional standards which we have optimised over the years to be the best in the industry
- You’ll use a variety of industry standard bug databases to write detailed bug reports that get you noticed as someone who is trusted and cares about making games better
- Reporting issues is where it starts but you’ll also have ownership to ensure that bugs have been fixed and implemented correctly
- You’ll become the LQA Expert across a broad range of Indie to AAA projects and given areas of specialisation
- You’ll own, manage, create, and regularly execute test cases throughout the project life cycle. This includes document testing practises, LQA process & reporting methods.
- You’ll actively participate in test requirement gathering with developers to ensure Localisation QA effectively tests and supports all features of the project
- You’ll be one step ahead in looking at ways to make improvements, take ownership for additional activities and create efficiencies in the way you work
- Cooperate with the QA team
Measures of Performance:
- Quality, velocity, and precision of bug reports
- On time delivery
- Team working and communication
- Continuous improvement and knowledge of LQA workflow and techniques
You are a great match if you:
- Are Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish or Finnish native speaker
- Have proficiency in written and spoken English
- Are passionate about video games
- Are a team player, with the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines
- Are pro-active, tenacious, and enthusiastic
- Have a focus on quality and a keen eye for detail
- Are good with computers – word processing, database handling, record keeping, good working knowledge of MS Office Suit
- Are happy to work in our office in central Edinburgh
- Have Right to Work in the UK
It’s really useful if you have some of the following but if not, we can teach you
- Previous experience in LQA, translation or proofreading
- Experience with working with the software tools in use for LQA testing (test case management and text editing tools)
- Working knowledge of CAT tools (MemoQ)
- Knowledge in video game industry and trends
- Desirable but not essential: Bachelor of higher degree in linguistics
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Lunch and Learns
- Management Development
- Wellbeing Portal including Live Chat and Support
- Mini Health checks
- Access to Counselling and structured therapy
- Online CBT
- Perks and Discounts
- Qualified nurses on hand to offer support on a range of medical or health-related issues offering practical information and advice
- Social events and celebrations