Games Server Programmer
8 days ago
Just 13 miles south of Manchester and only a 15-minute train journey, is the attractive market town of Wilmslow. Here amongst the boutique shops and independent cafes and bars is the stunning Playdemic studio. Acquired by EA in 2021, Playdemic is home to the top 10 grossing, BAFTA award-winning mobile smash – Golf Clash. Having opened at the beginning of 2020, our award-winning, custom studio space offers conventional desk space and indulgent breakout areas, meeting rooms and alternative workspaces. The office has been designed to create an environment that encourages and allows our team to do their very best work.
We are looking for a Server Engineer to work on our smash hit, Golf Clash. You will report to a Game Producer and work with Design, Production, Quality Assurance, Customer Support and client teams to deliver high quality features to millions of players. You will provide APIs to the client and manage the player data in an organized and scalable way and develop tools to help QA and CS test and manage the features.
- You will develop REST APIs to manage user data and provide it to other teams
- Write game logic in complex live systems
- Design and manage databases to keep track of persistent data
- Develop large-scale data systems
- Create web-based tools that are used to test and administer features
- Write high quality, well implemented code
- 3+ years experience of C#, ASP.NET, MVC
- Knowledge of Relational and Non-Relational databases
- Work within timeframes with multiple disciplines
- Previous experience developing a live game or project with regular release cadences
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- Experience working with AWS or DevOps tools
#LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite #FlexibleWork
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.