Games Quality Analyst
20 days ago
Sharkmob is a growing game developer with studios in London and Malmö, Sweden. Creativity, passion for craft, and innovation are hallmarks of our young company. 2.5 years into its founding, our London studio is working on an ambitious AAA title and has more than 80 developers. The London studio is growing fast & you’ll be joining at an exciting time, helping build the foundations of our QA Team.
We are looking to build the next evolution of Quality Assurance teams. We believe QA is an essential part of development and should be involved at every step of the process. You will be part of Sharkmob’s QA team to ensure we can deliver a AAA game to a modern audience. Working closely within cross-functional development teams and reporting to the Lead Quality Analyst, you’ll have a direct impact on game development.
- Contribute to the effective delivery of QA goals within the broader project and studio.
- Own the quality of your features. Seek to clarify, plan and document decisions to provide context to your team members.
- Collaborate with design to help create acceptance criteria and fully understand the intention and scope of incoming features.
- Ensure bug reporting is fit-for-purpose, accurate, quality driven and reproducible at scale.
- Write and manage test suites that can be run efficiently by yourself and other members of the team.
- Help manage the day-to-day tasks of our External QA teams and facilitate smooth information transfer.
- Work collaboratively with the engineering team to identify areas and features which could be automated to reduce time-consuming manual testing.
- Collate change lists of major updates to help facilitate studio-wide playtests of new features and content.
- Create reporting that accurately displays feature status, demonstrating risk using data.
- Extensive & demonstrable experience on a shipped AAA game as a games quality assurance analyst.
- You have excellent computer literacy with a strong typing ability.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to investigate issues to find the root cause, and you don’t rely on logging branching symptoms for the numbers but look to find the root cause.
- You understand the importance of halo testing, especially regarding monolithic software architecture and the potential for knock-ons.
- An understanding of discipline specific vocabulary and pipelines.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of bug management tools, ideally JIRA.
- Experienced in testing online or MMO type games and having an understanding of and be able to recognise the challenges that may present.
Remuneration and benefits
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus of up to 12%.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.