This job might no longer be available.
Games QA / Tester Remote
11 days ago
Dubit is looking for a QA tester to be an integral part of a team that delivers high-quality games, apps and experiences for well-known children’s digital brands.
We are a growing sixty-plus team based in Leeds who build and deliver large scale app and game projects for international clients such as Mattel, PBS and DreamWorks. We have a huge variety of projects and technologies, so there’s always something new and interesting to work on.
As a member of the team you will work alongside the developers, designers, artists and producers to create innovative applications and games. You will be responsible for creating and conducting tests in an agile environment to help ensure quality across our products.
- Create and maintain test plans that ensure appropriate QA coverage
- Report and track bugs from early development phases up to release across web browser and mobile platforms
- Collaborate closely with your team during testing and agile sprint meetings to provide feedback on product quality
- Report testing results and the status of the app to the team and stakeholders throughout development
- Use expertise on testing techniques to rigorously test software efficiently and accurately
- Analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation and organisational skills
- Knowledge of different types of testing (functional, usability, regression, acceptance)
- Passionate for gaming and for pushing quality as far as possible
Ideal candidates will also have
- Previous testing experience
- Knowledge of test automation
- Knowledge of agile software development
- Experience of using bug tracking software (e.g. Jira)
- Knowledge within the kids app and games space
- Some knowledge in either Unity or HTML5/Js is useful but not required
If this sounds like you, please apply using the application form; salary and benefits offered are dependent on experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
You must be able to provide documents to prove eligibility to work in the UK. Due to the nature of Dubit's work you will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check as part of the employment process.
What you get from working with us:
- Flexible remote working
- Healthcare scheme including virtual GP
- Contributory pension scheme
- A day off for birthday additional to annual leave
Our offices (If you're near Leeds):
- Free parking and walking distance from Leeds Train Station
- Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Use of various VR technologies
- A great environment to work in, its an old train repair shed with rail tracks, crane and lots of character.
Things to expect in our recruitment pipeline:
- An initial phone call to make sure we fit together, culture is hugely important to us and a discussion about the role and salary.
- A remote interview with a technical lead and some members of the team you will be joining
- Due to the nature of Dubit's work, we are required to complete an enhanced DBS check on successful candidates.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES