Games Lab Manager [Live Operations]
1 month ago
Massive Entertainment is a Swedish video game developer and a Lead studio within the Ubisoft group. Our studio is known for games such as; World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, Just Dance, South Park, Tom Clancy's The Division 1&2, and our latest project in development - Avatar.
As a Games Lab Manager at Massive Entertainment, you will directly help Ubisoft uphold a 'player first' mentality. The results you help us gather will be fed back into Ubi development teams all over the world and will be used to enhance our live games, upcoming projects, tech, and tools.
Your mission will be to manage a team of Moderators and the physical lab infrastructure we use for both player and user testing. Everything from the lab schedule, staffing (ensuring we have the right profiles for each test), extending our playtester database, and researching/servicing/updating our lab equipment, to ensure we deliver the highest quality in our results.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Managing, scheduling, and staffing all Lab activities for weekly studies;
- Managing a team of Lab moderators;
- Ensuring Lab facilities and equipment are always up to date and ready for tests;
- Proactively researching hardware and software to improve our testing and data collection;
- Collaborating with researchers and other stakeholders to keep records of planned activities and meetings;
- Developing strategies to increase our participant database;
- Organizing and documenting team meetings and other department requests.
You are proactive, organized, service-minded, resourceful, and resilient - but most importantly, you're passionate about games! Your passion translates into a great understanding of the gaming industry, which you can utilize for user research, project, and people management. You're an excellent communicator in English (our company language), which allows you to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and break down relevant information, making it digestible for all audiences; from junior/novices to experts and top-management.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Several Years of proven work experience from a Games Lab, User Testing, or with similar directly related experience (e.g. organizing E-sports tournaments);
- Several years of proven work experience moderating, coordinating and managing related projects;
- A degree in Behavioral Science, Market Research, UR, UX, Game Design, a similar relevant field, and/or the equivalent practical experience;
- Competent with Microsoft-Office and similar tools.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative, and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden, and fully owned by Ubisoft, the world’s third-largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive, promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun, and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.