Games Client Programmer
12 days ago
Just 13 miles south of Manchester and only a 15-minute train journey, is the attractive market town of Wilmslow. Here amongst the boutique shops and independent cafes and bars is the stunning Playdemic studio. Acquired by EA in 2021, Playdemic is home to the top 10 grossing, BAFTA award-winning mobile smash – Golf Clash. Having opened at the beginning of 2020, our award-winning, custom studio space offers conventional desk space and indulgent breakout areas, meeting rooms and alternative workspaces. The office has been designed to create an environment that encourages and allows our team to do their very best work.
We're looking for an experienced Client Programmer to help our Golf Clash team develop new features to be enjoyed by millions of players around the world.
Working on our client code in our in-house game engine, The Ideas Engine, you will work within an existing codebase and be open to new skills and tools.
While reporting to the Game Director, you will work with design, UI, server, production, QA and other members of the client team to create new features in Golf Clash
- You will collaborate with the development teams to develop new features
- Maintain and improve existing features by working on bugs and improvements
- Break down and evaluate time estimations of your development tasks
- Knowledge of C-based programming languages, like C++ or C#
- Passionate about games and games development
- Experience working with integrating server APIs
- Work within timeframes with multiple disciplines
- 3+ years experience developing a live service game or project with regular release cadences
- Experience with mobile platforms (iOS, Google Play, Amazon) and optimizing software to run across an array of devices
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- Experience working with custom games engines and irregular Programming Paradigms
#LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite #FlexibleWork
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.