17 days ago
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As a Games Artist you’re creative, enthusiastic and have a passion for games and all the art that you can create in them.
You'll be part of a team that will be based in the new office that we're going to open in Bangalore.
What you will be doing
- Taking responsibility for the art on multiple small mobile game projects
- Creating 2D/3D art assets and integrating them in Unity
- Participating in art reviews and being receptive to feedback and art direction
- Troubleshooting any art issues from a creative and technical standpoint.
How you will be doing this
- You'll be part of an agile and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You'll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- At least 2 years of experience as Games Artist
- Solid understanding of art and design fundamentals
- Good all rounder - ability to create game ready art assets in 2D as well as 3D, and can demonstrate it in a portfolio of work.
- A creative ‘indie’ mindset - you have the ability to quickly learn new tools and techniques and a willingness to dip your toes into a number of disciplines (UI/VFX/Animation etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Unity
- Ability to rapidly prototype ideas and aren’t too concerned about AAA polish.
- You’re a team player with a desire to help juniors and teach them the tricks of the trade
- You must have the full right to work within the UK
- An interest in mobile games - in particular hyper-casual.
- Experience with development processes such as GIT and Management Tools
We offer a generous benefits package to all our employees that includes a team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment among other perks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
If you are suitable for this role, please include with your application sketching / drawing examples either within your portfolio or as separate links