Games Art Manager
16 days ago
Keywords Studios is the ultimate destination for talented individuals looking to make their mark in the world of AAA game development. With a global presence and an unrivalled reputation, we are trusted by 24 of the top 25 gaming companies worldwide, making us the go-to collaborator for the industry's biggest titles.
Joining our team means becoming part of a network of 70+ studios across 26 countries, where over 12,000 experts come together to deliver sector-leading 360° services. From ideation and technical co. development to art, QA/localization, marketing, and community engagement, we cover every stage of game development and beyond.
As an integral part of our tightly integrated yet truly global network, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside industry-leading professionals who bring best-in-class experience, expertise, and technology to each project. Our follow-the-sun workflows ensure we can deliver at the speed you need.
At Keywords Studios, we believe in the power of imagination, ambition, and the desire to succeed. Join our global team and unlock the full potential of your skills.
- Help with planning artwork, defining milestones, scheduling and task assignment, have an awareness of dependencies and status of artwork and assist with resourcing decisions.
- Be a key contact for interdisciplinary communication, update everyone on status of artwork on projects, keep the art team informed and update documentation. • Review job applications, attend interviews and help with onboarding of new Artists.
- Line manage and mentor artists and help with deciding promotions and pay rises. Identify where teamwide or individual weaknesses are and suggest and help organise appropriate training.
- Help develop wider art team strategies and structure.
- Have an awareness of art team morale, assist with departmental event organising and deputise for Head of Art.
- Encourage good working practices and professionalism across the art team.
- Self-motivated, confident with good verbal and written communication skills and strong organisational abilities.
- Experience of mentoring artists or animators, with strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact.
- Good team spirit, sense of humour and enthusiasm for team development and some experience leading or managing in art game development.
- Understanding of the game dev lifecycle and language. Plus, an understanding of art content pipelines and asset management and some knowledge of Shotgrid, Jira, Trello, Excel etc.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays + up to 5 days extra for length of service)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (including dental) & Eye Care Scheme
- Employee Share Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos - an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Tech and Bike Scheme
- Company Share Scheme
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, BBQ area, complimentary snacks to suit all dietary preferences etc.
- We offer a flexible working policy - this role will ideally be hybrid or studio based