4 days ago
Eager to learn, you dig into the code base and engage communication with users and teammates to build a strong and broad understanding of the technology. You are in direct contact with end-users (game designers, technical level designer, animators…) and bridge the gap between them and the technical solution. You anticipate technical issues facing the team, you propose and implement solutions to address them and meet feature expectations.
What you'll do
- Player centric and proactive, you participate in designing content prototypes in collaboration with the Design team.
- You’re the interface between teams (game designers, level designers, UI, animators ...) to ensure that technical constraints and opportunities are properly considered in the production process.
- You participate in the architecture, design and implementation of the gameplay code following the Game Design intentions.
- You find from existing technologies and innovative approaches the improvements allowing to achieve the best gameplay quality.
What you bring
- Significant programming experience in games or software development
- Strong technical skills in C++ programming
- Good knowledge of game mechanics such as AI, Enemies, UI, audio, etc.
- Notions of algorithms and mathematics
- A passion for the video game industry, its technical aspects and high standards.
- Proactivity, autonomy and a interest for collaboration and team work
- Experience with client/server code architecture, multithreaded development.
- Experience on existing game engine such as Unity3D, Unreal, etc…
- Good working knowledge in spoken and written English.
You are known for your team spirit, your technical creativity and your talent of programmer. You have a strong sense of communication and ability to popularize technical information? You are the candidate we are looking for!
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.