Software Engineer (Gameplay Systems)
7 days ago
We are looking for a Gameplay Systems Software Engineer to help us build a new form of multiplayer entertainment, revolutionizing the way we create, play, and share gameplay experiences. To do the best work possible, we prefer engineers to be based at HQ in San Mateo, California; however, remote work can be considered on a case by case basis.
- Designing, developing and implementing major gameplay systems.
- Developing client-server gameplay code.
- Assisting Design and Art in planning and implementing game concepts and player abilities.
- Developing tools and processes employed by users to create their games.
- Maintaining and extending engine code.
- A minimum of 3 years programming.
- A minimum of 3 years in game development.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines such as art, design and engineering.
- C++ programming experience.
- Proven problem-solving and application of good software programming practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field or 5+ years industry experience as the degree equivalent.
- Experience architecting and implementing game systems, user interfaces, tools, back-end services, etc.
- Experience optimizing features and hitting performance targets.
- Experience using Unreal Engine.
- Experience with PC and console targets.
- Understanding of game networking concepts - peer to peer, client/server, latency compensation, etc.
- Have shipped multiple finished products.
Job Site: San Mateo, CA