Gameplay Systems Software Engineer - FIFA Asia
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
5 days ago
We are looking for a talented and experienced Gameplay Engineer to join an exciting AAA title that is in development.
Gameplay Programmers are versatile generalists who focus on game strategy and the "feel" of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as animation and physics . Gameplay programmers may implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game.
- Bring the vision of the artists and designers to life
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing custom code as needed
- Rapidly prototype new mechanics to prove designs and iterate on mechanics.
- Design, architect and document technical designs for Gameplay systems.
- Develop tools and workflows to efficiently produce new game features.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience architecting and/or implementing A.I., character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug
- Understand performance implication of Gameplay systems & algorithms and how to optimize.
Additional Skills (Preference to candidates with these skills)
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
- Experience working on a mobile platform (iOS, Android)
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages (C#, Java)
- Experience in a second field, such as physics or mathematics
- Experience with basic game development technologies such as Perforce, Visual Studio, etc.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent decision making capabilities
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks