Gameplay Systems Designer
13 days ago
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
We’re seeking a talented and experienced Game Designer to work in a fast-paced environment who is passionate about making great games with like-minded teammates. You will be responsible for designing features and systems to delight our players. As a creative force on the team, you will champion getting your ideas and designs into the game.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, innate ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple to understand ways, extensive knowledge of mobile games, and exceptional creativity. You can collaborate effectively with a team of developers to implement your designs and are familiar with using telemetry to validate and improve your designs.
- Design and drive the vision and implementation of features and game systems
- Take part in internal and external playtests, and iterate based on feedback
- Develop ideas for gameplay and progression systems throughout the player life-cycle
- Work within existing systems and expand on them, including integrating feedback from user experience testing
- Keep team updated on game wide design changes
- Create and tune content to create an accessible yet deep experience for players
- Generate actionable changes from research and live data
- Quickly prototype design ideas in-game and rapidly iterate via playtesting
- Develop data-gathering methods for game balancing and tuning
- Experience designing systems on at least one shipped title
- Demonstrable content creation skills
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative in a highly dynamic environment
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Scripting experience is a plus
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.