Gameplay Systems Designer
11 days ago
Gameplay Systems Designer
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Gameplay Systems Designer like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. This role will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
- Create, implement and maintain designs for select gameplay systems within a large project
- Proactively communicate with your lead and teammates to set priorities and goals for your work
- Collaborate with other disciplines to implement your work, ensuring it makes for the best possible gameplay experience
- Keeping the player in mind, use feedback and telemetry to iterate on your designs and hone the player experience
- Support your teammates through knowledge-sharing and documentation
- Participate constructively and respectfully in the critique of your work, and the work of others
- Look for opportunities to learn new skills to benefit your growth, your team, and the studio
- At least 1 year of experience designing gameplay systems within multiplayer or co-op titles, FPS experience is a plus
- Comfortable and proficient with technical implementation; using game editors, scripting languages and engines like Frostbite or Unreal.
- Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
- Enjoy creative problem-solving as part of a team
- Value documentation and healthy communication
- Broad taste in games
Valuable Additional Skills
- Experience designing or implementing weapons and vehicles
- Engineering background
- Background in statistics or analytics
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume and portfolio.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.