This job might no longer be available.
Gameplay Support Manager (Night Shift)
15 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for :
Are you passionate about providing a great culture for your co-workers and reports? Do you thrive on ensuring operations run smoothly? Are you passionate about providing exceptional experience to your customers? We’re looking for someone to oversee the night shift at our Las Vegas office and help us build out the future of competition in our newest location.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage a cross functional customer focused team of professionals ensuring productivity and alignment
- Ensure adequate staffing to achieve SLA targets
- Manage day to day operations of the night shift
- Weekly 1:1s with team members
- Handle escalated customer interactions, assist in creating customer advocacy policy
- Ensure a safe and supportive working environment
- 3+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of Customer Support or contact/call center experience, ideally in a tech field
- Experience with payments or fraud prevention a plus
- Excellent communication skills, ability to disseminate information effectively across shifts and locations
- Proven culture builder
- Passionate about providing an exceptional work environment
- Shift flexibility, some day time meetings required
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .