Gameplay Software Engineer
3 days ago
The studio behind the Project CARS and NFS Shift franchises is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our Gameplay team.
Reporting to the Gameplay Lead you will be involved in all gameplay and application areas of our games, including game modes, racing systems, user experiences and multiplayer gameplay.
We can offer fully remote working in addition to onsite-hybrid working at one of our UK-based studios. Use and develop your knowledge and skills to help us take our player experience to the next level!
- You'll take an active part in the game design process to shape our gameplay features
- Transform feature designs and specifications into high functioning code
- Work with Technical Directors, Departmental Leads and Programming Team to design and implement new software and contribute to technical design documents
- Work with multiple departments and technologies to implement features
- Profile, maintain, debug and update existing software
- Manage memory effectively
- Build stable, resilient, and maintainable systems
- Communicate with colleagues to aid software development, execute processes and perform required tasks
- Help establish and maintain technical best practices
- Code review peer's work and provide constructive feedback
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- C++ coding experience in video games on at least one shipped title
- Excellent debugging skills
- Comfortable with 3D mathematics
- Taken one or more games from start to finish in a gameplay role
- Experience with current generation console programming
- Experience working with multi-threaded architectures
- Additional desirable experiences include Multiplayer gameplay experience and lower-level system programming experience