Gameplay Software Engineer - PGA Tour
17 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
For this role, we are looking for someone to help build our gameplay team. Whether your interests lie in animation, physics, AI, or mechanics, we value any member passionate about building a balanced, immersive, and most importantly fun gameplay experience.
Our gameplay team builds on advanced animation, physics, and AI systems with R&D backing locally and across a global company. Because of the nature of the role, and the strong design influence, candidates need strong prototyping, iteration, collaboration, and communication skills.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborates with design to provide feedback and then creates clear and estimable technical designs.
- Delivers tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Actively looks for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Contributes to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts.
Who You Are:
- Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate good development practices.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, animators, designers, and producers.
- Demonstrates problem solving and debugging skills.
- General understanding of parallel programming and resource management considerations.
- Strong 3D math skills, especially linear algebra.
- Understanding of scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and/or C#.
- Knowledge of animation and AI concepts and techniques.
- Experience in concepts like determinism and dead reckoning programming as it relates to gameplay.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- A love of sports in general.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation & benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join a winning team?