Gameplay Software Engineer | Halo Infinite
18 days ago
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, supporting development of Fallout 76, and developing unannounced titles including partner projects and internal IP. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Interested? Let's talk about who we're hiring for:
SkyBox Labs' Halo Infinite team is looking for an experienced Gameplay Software Engineer! You will be working closely with designers, technical designers, and software engineers on the World Gameplay team, as your collaborative work will come to life, developing and supporting the Halo open world campaign experience. A successful candidate will be someone who is passionate about gameplay and loves working on games.
A snapshot of your role:
- Develop key components to an open world gaming experience, like persistence, streaming, and coop multiplayer
- Test software in a multi-threaded networked environment and address issues as needed
- Support and extend existing gameplay systems
- Learn new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- Work closely with both the SkyBox game team to maintain clear communication channels and a collaborative approach to game development
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working in C++
- 2+ years of experience working on a professional game dev team in Gameplay
- PC and/or console game development experience
- Advanced math skills
- Proven strong written and verbal communication skills
- AAA experience is highly valued
- Experience with games as a service
- Experience with network replication for games
- Familiarity with runtime animation Exposure to PIX and/or Lua
- Familiarity or experience with Perforce
- Experience working with designers and technical designers
- A passion for games!
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada, with plans to a return in a hybrid capacity later in 2022. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.