Gameplay Scripter (Associate/Regular)
6 days ago
Gameplay is at the heart of everything we do, and this role involves implementing the gameplay systems, levels, and features that define the project. Working closely with Art, Animation, Code, Audio, and just about all other departments, you will be combining all the elements of the game into a complete experience. As well as good technical scripting skills, you must have a passion for videogames, and an uncompromising eye for detail.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and ground-breaking AAA game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Implementing missions, systems and activities using code-based scripting tools.
- Working closely with other departments to request and integrate required assets.
- Tuning and balancing missions and game features.
- Good knowledge of a technical scripting language such as Lua or C#.
- A keen eye for detail and a drive to create polished, high-quality work.
- Passion for videogames, and a broad grasp of game types and systems.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Experience with visual scripting tools would be an advantage.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.