This job might no longer be available.
Gameplay Programming Intern
19 days ago
You will be involved in debugging crashes and asserts, as well as any logical flaws/bugs found by the QA team. You will also support in the creation of new gameplay features or modify existing ones to fit the need of the project.
Work in an agile development team and take responsibility for organizing and planning your own work. You will be giving estimates on the work you do and coordinating and communicating with multiple disciplines in the same team.
You will be responsible for creating clean and understandable code, as well as documenting them for yourself and the team that requires the use of the features that you work on.
You will also be optimizing code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, physics, mathematics, game programming, or related fields
- C/C++ programming skills and object-oriented development
- Experience developing and debugging in C/C++, and familiar with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and math (logic, linear algebra, calculus, statistics and probability, ...)
- Passion for gaming and familiarity with Ubisoft games
- Preferred internship duration: must be able to commit 6 months of full-time internship
- Familiarity with game engines
- Experience with game development
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Perforce and Git
- Knowledge of one or more of the following fields: animation, physics, shaders, networking, AI
Ubisoft Philippines is a certified Great Place to Work ™ – our people always come first. We enable our teams to succeed in the world stage, where we are proud to take part in the most ambitious projects in gaming.
As our teammate, you will receive the best training, including overseas trips, mentorships, and access to online courses and resources covered by us. The workplace will be your playground, where you can fuel your creativity with free fresh fruits and snacks in the pantry, freshly brewed coffee, soft-served ice cream, and popcorn!
Work-life balance is important to us, which is why you’ll have a flexible work arrangement during the pandemic, on top of free physical & mental health benefits and more.
Come as you are. We value diversity and representation. We empower you to launch your own initiatives with our Diversity & Inclusion council composed entirely of volunteer employees.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Welcome to Ubisoft Philippines.
We push creativity and break boundaries, building breathtaking worlds from the ground up. We’ve developed award-winning AAA games, the likes of Assassin’s Creed (AC) Valhalla, Far Cry 6, For Honor, AC: Odyssey, AC: Origins and The Crew 2
Ready to take entertainment to the next level?
Embark on an epic journey and Create the Unknown with us.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.