Gameplay Programmer (f,m,d)
10 days ago
Gameplay Programmers develop gameplay elements which facilitate the playability of the game; the link between the player's actions and the consequences of those actions on the running game state.
What you will do :
- Implement and optimize the gameplay systems and features with the game designer to ensure fluid playability
- Use prototyping techniques to demonstrate the validity/invalidity of a feature idea
- Investigate and fix the bugs detected by the production and quality control teams
- Establish the technical possibilities for the different features
- Explore and understand the game design documents to define the required features and game systems that must be developed in the engine
- Validate and verify if the newly developed systems meet project intentions and are coherent with the existing code
What you bring:
- Experience in programming robust and efficient code
- Excellent knowledge in C++
- Experience in working on existing engines
- Ability to work efficiently with large, existing code bases
- Familiarity with game-related 3D mathematical concepts
- Excellent communication and good English skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Please provide a portfolio with examples of your previous work/projects - be sure to check the link is working when applying (only for art roles etc.)
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops and access to our training and development platform
- Discounted Games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up To 350€ Childcare Support Per Child Per Month: In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year
- Self-study And Training Hours: You have access to our in-house library
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Gym Subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English And German Classes For Free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year: Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region
- Corporate Benefits Web Portal: With employee discount programs for affiliated retailers, shops and service providers
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://berlin.ubisoft.com/en/.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Berlin is home to nearly 150 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.