Gameplay Programmer [collab w/ Massive Studio]
17 days ago
As a Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft, you will be working on one of our unannounced AAA games, a collaboration with Massive Entertainment - our Malmö studio.
You will develop the features, mechanics, and building blocks that create the game experience. For that, you will work closely with the other job families to define the design of various features and handle their implementation, ensuring believability, good game feel, and player comfort.
You will deal with code in various fields of game programming, using the low-level frameworks of the UI, audio, FX, engine, network subsystems to build your complete gameplay feature.
Your main mission:
- Works directly with game designers, prototypes, and researchers to make sure that various features are completely and realistically designed;
- Is in charge of assessing the technical feasibility of new features and the impact they bring on other modules and systems;
- Implements features focusing on the quality of interaction between the player and the game;
- Interacts with the multiple job families responsible to create assets for the game (game design, level design, art, FX, sound);
- Touches multiple programming fields – UI, audio, AI, network synchronization, engine - to obtain fully implemented features.
What you'll bring as experience:
- Advanced knowledge of C++;
- Ability to work with a large amount of code inside a large team;
- Good software architecture skills are highly appreciated;
- Good game design abilities are also useful for a gameplay programmer;
What you'll bring as a colleague:
- Knowledge of current games and the ability to reverse engineer features and mechanics;
- Understanding of other game development areas – UI, network, audio, animation etc.
- Good English communication skills.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production : creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT : delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control : guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional, and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown!
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry.From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.