16 days ago
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will be responsible for scoping, creating, and supporting core gameplay systems. You have experience doing what it takes to get a game running smoothly, have built an arsenal of demonstrable code, and thrive on solving challenges before others have even identified them.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities
- Scope, communicate, and execute on deep design-driven mechanics.
- Own the overall gameplay pipeline, identify risks, and communicate every step of the way.
- Ensure delivery of all scheduled tasks.
- Write and maintain documentation for all created gameplay systems, as well extend documentation for existing ones
- 3+ years of game development experience on PC, console, or mobile titles.
- Experience delivery high-quality AI, audio, navigation, economy, IO or other related systems.
- Experience using Unreal 4 Engine
- Experience working with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrable coding ability in C++ / Blueprints.
- Demonstrable ability to scope all work from concept to delivery.
- Attention for detail and correctness.
- Self-starting projects, and knowing when to pull the plug.
- Passion and enthusiasm for video games.
- Experience working with designers and/or creative leads.
- Experience working in an online / multiplayer environment on at least one “AAA” title is a plus.
Check out our website at https://valkyrie-entertainment.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Valkyrie Entertainment is an independent game studio and co-developer in Seattle. Since 2002, we have worked with world-class game developers and publishers to provide efficient, creative solutions and content of the highest quality for their needs.
We are currently working on several AAA titles alongside our partners, including the next iteration of God of War, as well as in-house projects in Unity 3d and Unreal Engine for both mobile and console platforms.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.