2 months ago
On being a GPP at Ubisoft Singapore
When you’re a Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft Singapore, you have direct influence over the quality of the game that will end up in the players’ hands; there is a tangible link between your work and the player experience. You are entrusted with coding the interactive systems that make the game.
With every new iteration, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will the player enjoy this? Does it feel right? Is it AAA quality? You’re an avid gamer who cares about the player experience.
As a dependable member of a cohesive gameplay team composed of AI, UI and 3Cs specialists, you will bring to life the vision of the game and mission designers, who will take your point of view and expertise into consideration when making their decisions.
The daily life of a GPP at Ubisoft Singapore
- Code new and existing systems to meet the intent of the game’s design
- Keep them coherent with existing code
- Develop gameplay tools for large content teams
- Understand existing functions, and suggest and develop improvements
- Collaborate with designers and animators on environments
- Resolve gameplay bugs
- Document your work
What it takes to make it
· An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
· 3 years of experience in C++ and optimizing code
· Experience in gameplay, AI, and design (main character, cameras, NPCs, environment, behaviours)
· Experience as part of a team that has shipped a video game is an asset
· Experience developing on video-game consoles
· Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game
· You are creative and thirsty for innovation
We realise it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!
Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.