This job might no longer be available.
London England gb
5 months ago
The Ideal Candidate
The Gameplay Programmer plays an important role in bringing our games to life. The ideal candidate will be approachable and enthusiastic when it comes to discussing requirements from people from a variety of disciplines. Reporting to the Lead Programmer, the ideal candidate will be able to fluently translate designs into technical descriptions of tasks, doing so with a panache that comes from a knowledge and enthusiasm for games, especially mobile gaming.
The ideal candidate will be very much a self-starter, capable of showing initiative and a willingness to develop their skills and knowledge; taking on more complex tasks when their Lead Programmer assigns them.
- An analytical mind
- Communicates well with people from different backgrounds
- Open minded and humble
- Flexible and adaptable to unfolding project needs
- Passionate about Gaming!
- Define the steps necessary to deliver on an assigned task and executing on them.
- Accurately estimate time required to deliver on tasks
- Identify risks associated with tasks
- Participate in regular code reviews
- Proficient in C# with good understanding of object-oriented development
- Understanding of common design patterns
- Debugging and problem solving
- Experience of common algorithms, design patterns and data structures
- Understanding of the constraints working on mobile games brings
- Can analyse an existing module of reasonable complexity and extend it
- Minimum of 3 years games programming experience
- 2 years’ experience with Unity
- Shipped at least one iOS and/or Android title
- Worked in an agile environment
- Experience of UnityUI development
- Shader implementation
- Creating and improving Unity editor tools
- Worked on multi-platform products
- Experience developing F2P Mobile products
- Understanding of LiveOps requirements
- Flexible office working hours
- 25 days of annual leave + 8 UK Bank holiday + Christmas company day(s) off
- 1 day off if you get married (Wedding Day)
- Sick pay
- Fresh fruit selection delivered 3 times a week, Free monthly breakfasts, Team Lunches
- Beer fridge & Selected wines + other beverages
- Weekly Football, Pool table, ping pong tournaments, poker nights, Office events, social gatherings, Fun Games room
- Birthday Cakes/Cards
- Summer & Christmas parties, Roof terrace area
- Training Budgets
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare, Reduced gym membership, life insurance, critical illness & Disability cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan (for tube/rail costs), Annual mobile phone/tablet allowance
- Recruitment Referral Fee awards
Future Games of London is a Ubisoft studio that designs, develops and operates free-to-play mobile and digital console games. Founded in September 2009, FGOL create original and unique games such as the Hungry Shark series which has been enjoyed by over half a billion people worldwide.
We are a dedicated team with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy being part of a forward thinking studio in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.