9 days ago
When you’re a Gameplay Programmer at Ubi Quebec, you have direct influence over the quality of the game that will end up in the players’ hands; there is a tangible link between your work and the player experience. You are entrusted with coding the interactive systems that make the game.
With every new iteration, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will the player enjoy this? Does it feel right? Is it AAA quality? You’re an avid gamer who cares about the player experience.
As a dependable member of a cohesive gameplay team composed of AI, UI and 3Cs specialists, you will bring to life the vision of the game and mission designers, who will take your point of view and expertise into consideration when making their decisions.
What you’ll do
- Code new and existing systems to meet the intent of the game’s design;
- Keep them coherent with existing code;
- Develop gameplay tools for large content teams;
- Understand existing functions, and suggest and develop improvements;
- Collaborate with designers and animators on environments;
- Resolve gameplay bugs;
- Document your work.
What you bring
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- Experience in C++ and optimizing code;
- Experience in gameplay, AI, and design (main character, cameras, NPCs, environment, behaviours);
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped a video game is an asset;
- Experience developing on video-game consoles;
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game;
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation.
What to send our way:
- Your resume, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.
With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.