This job might no longer be available.
Milan Lombardy it
5 months ago
Ubisoft Milan is looking for Gameplay Programmers. They will be involved in the development of gameplay elements, collaborating closely with game designers and other departments to define and improve features and interactions between player and game.
- translate the game design into concrete gameplay features;
- analyze and understand the game design documents in order to define the required features and game systems that must be developed in the engine;
- establish the technical possibilities for the different gameplay features;
- implement and optimizing the interaction controls and systems with the game designer to ensure fluid playability;
- use prototyping techniques to demonstrate the validity/invalidity of a gameplay idea;
- determine and fix the gameplay bugs detected by the production and quality control teams;
- validate and verify if the newly developed systems meet project intentions and are coherent with the existing code.
- previous experience as Programmer in videogame industry;
- knowledge of OOP, in particular C++;
- ability to optimize and debug;
- knowledge of 3d math;
- knowledge of multithreading and parallel programming;
- knowledge of Network programming;
- ability to write clear and well-structured C++ code while bearing in mind performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements;
- able to fix bugs flagged by Quality Control and team members;
- passion and enthusiasm for videogames;
- written and oral english.
As a Bonus: