3 days ago
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Gameplay Programmer to help craft exceptional gameplay experiences for Remedy's future games.
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will be part of the core game development team for one of our ambitious projects. You will be in a key role designing, developing and delivering new features in our games. In this role you will work on various gameplay systems and work with design to iterate them to final quality. Your main aspiration is to make great player experiences, and if needed, you feel comfortable in making engine side modifications too. The role can also be tailored to match with your skills and interests.
As a programmer, you participate eagerly in code reviews and take pride in writing clean, efficient, readable, portable, and reliable code. You have great communications skills and enjoy elaborating your technical solutions to colleagues in engineering, design, and art teams alike.
What you bring to the role
- Excellent C++ skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to collaborate and work with a range of disciplines from art to design
Ideally, you also have
- Experience working on 1st person/3rd person action games
- Experience in working on PC or console platforms
- Experience in working with engine features or tools
- Experience with an Entity-Component-Systems (ECS) framework
- Experience in shipping AAA games
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicant is found.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.