26 days ago
As a seasoned and veteran level Gameplay Programmer, you will be joining a highly collaborative and talented team and be responsible for the gameplay features in our new projects.
- Work closely with designers in the creation of detailed feature specifications
- Design & implement robust & innovative solutions to technical & creative challenges
- Write clean, robust, reusable code and create documentation where required
- Take active role in providing time estimates and task breakdowns for project requirements
- Help meet functionality, scope control, fun factor, and performance requirements
- Provide technical input to other programmers and mentor junior programmers as appropriate
- Experience with debugging- diagnosing and fixing code
- Work independently as well as with other departments
- Five plus years related experience and a proven track record with shipped game titles
- Ability to construct well engineered and maintainable software using C++/C#
- Expert at the design and development of advanced AI/Gameplay systems
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to debug complex systems and low level software
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself to work with a large existing codebase
- Ability to rapidly prototype as well as producing final code
- Demonstrable skill at optimizing software for speed and memory efficiency
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organizational and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of console game development and multiplayer development
- Passion for making and playing great games
Previous tech skill knowledge in JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, App store build / approval processes and QA processes.
A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and is present on all continents, distributing its games across 100 countries and employing over 3,000 employees.
As a Gameplay Programmer at Gameloft Australia based in Brisbane, you’ll be working with a diverse team of highly specialised and experienced game creatives and developers.