18 days ago
Double Fine has an opening for a Gameplay Programmer for its San Francisco development studio. You will be responsible for developing systems on PC and Xbox, working in areas like gameplay and tools, supporting audio, animation, design and potentially many other disciplines in order to support the needs of the team and the game. Applicants should have a strong preference for working in a highly creative, innovative, and nimble development environment, where collaborating with design, art, tech, and other disciplines is standard.
Knowledge or experience with the Unreal Engine is a strong plus, as is previous experience supporting game features as well as developer tools. Good problem solving skills, the ability to work well with others, and a passion for the process of developing creative, high-quality games are all key qualifications.
Double Fine is an inclusive company. We believe that a diverse team leads to the best games. To help us increase the diversity of our team, we like to specifically encourage folks from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Build gameplay features and tools within Unreal Engine using C++ and blueprint code.
- Write clean, readable, reliable, and portable code.
- Write and maintain clear documentation.
- Collaborate with art, design, and other engineers to develop and support key systems.
- Communicate with other departments to understand problems and inefficiencies, and design and code solutions.
- Ensure newly developed engine systems are maintained for code cleanliness, performance, and extensibility.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithms.
- Proficiency with linear algebra and general 3D mathematics.
- Demonstrated ability to implement features that improve gameplay and player experience.
- Demonstrated ability to take on technical issues across a variety of areas of game development.
- One or more shipped titles using Unreal Engine 4/5.
- Experience developing games for modern consoles.
- Ability to work in San Francisco.
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of systems.
- A constant striving to learn and grow.
- A strong passion for video games and video game development.
BenefitsSome of the perks of working at Double Fine include unlimited PTO, flexible work from home arrangements, extended family leave, 401(k) matching, and watching Tim’s facial hair evolve over time.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 401k with employer matching
- Life Insurance
- Commuter Support
- Relocation Aid
- Mental Wellbeing
- Open PTO
- Salary Range: $123,600 - $144,200