This job might no longer be available.
19 days ago
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
With studios in LA, Austin, Manchester (Wilmslow), Frankfurt, and Derby our colleagues work in a relaxed, innovative, and future thinking environment. We host various sports and social groups, such as tabletop games, wargaming, yoga, football, and tennis, to name a few.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will be working with our bespoke, cutting edge, the multi-threaded engine to create gameplay mechanics and systems, which immerse players within the vast, yet highly detailed spacescapes of some of the most ambitious games ever developed.
Working with the latest PC hardware, technology, and APIs, we develop an extensive range of highly realistic and systemic features to simulate gameplay ranging from multi-crew space flight combat to planetary first-person shooter, asteroid mining to cargo running, and bounty hunting to cinematic storytelling.
What do our Gameplay Programmers do?
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers
- Work with QA, providing the information needed to fully test developed code
- Provide support to internal customers for developed software
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies
- Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements
- Work well together with other team members in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Possess and develop areas of engineering expertise
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their abilities and productivity
- And such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
What would we expect from our Gameplay Programmers?
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Worked in the game industry for at least 1.5 years on a AAA PC or console title using C++
- A passion for making and playing games
- Work well in a cooperative environment
- Experience programming game features and systems
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- International travel may be required as part of the role
We are always keen to hear from passionate gameplay programmers, so join the ‘verse and become our latest Star Citizen !
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.