This job might no longer be available.
Gameplay Programmer (VR)
Montreal QC ca
6 months ago
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge Accepted? Join us and create the unknown
The daily life of a VR Gameplay programmer at Ubisoft include the following tasks:
- Analyze and understand the game design documents in order to define the required features and game systems that must be developed in the engine;
- Anticipate potential game design changes and ensure that the implementation of the game systems will easily support these changes;
- Use prototyping techniques to demonstrate the validity/invalidity of a gameplay idea;
- Whenever necessary, suggest enhancements by designing and implementing new systems or modifying existing systems;
- Implement and optimize the interaction controls and systems to ensure fluid playability;
- Validate and verify if the newly developed systems meet project intentions and are coherent with the existing code;
- Ensure that the implementation of the game controls and systems provides the player experience set out by the game design team;
- Work iteratively and involve designers when implementing new features;
- Support the gameplay features and systems designed for production;
- Determine and fix the gameplay bugs detected by the production and quality control teams;
- Document the work to share knowledge and enable users (programmers and team members from other working units) to understand how to use the new gameplay systems and features;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent training.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software programming (ideally in the video game sector) or other relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Virtual Reality Technologies;
- Experience with game engines such as Unity;
- 3 years of experience in C++ and optimizing code;
- Experience in gameplay, AI and design (main character, cameras, NPCs, environment, behaviours)
Skills and Knowledge
- Passionate about Virtual Reality technologies;
- Attention to detail;
- Client/user focus;
- Sense of initiative;
- Analytical and synthesis skills;
- Flexibility when organizing work;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to quickly adapt to change;
- Results driven.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, age or disability status