Gameplay Programmer [Unannounced Project]
10 days ago
Do you frequently find yourself wondering how ‘that’ game mechanic was implemented? Can you come up with possible improvements on the fly and know what to watch out for? Don’t miss this opportunity!
We are looking for a Gameplay Programmer for an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will have daily interactions with the Design craft to create one-of-a-kind implementations of game mechanics. You will have the opportunity to create several iterations to ensure the systems satisfy the design brief whilst being technically elegant and performant. As we work in cross-functional teams, you will be working closely with people from other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to drive your work forward.
We know you have fantastical powers and for us it is important you get to show your magic. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams with independent decision-making, and freedom to try out new things and show why it works. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke hole in things when required, to make new mistakes and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Gameplay programming team and report to our Lead Gameplay programmer. You will work closely with your lead and other programmers, as well as with the design craft and others to fully enhance the features and prototypes that goes into our project.
- Design, implement and maintain gameplay systems together with game designers
- Identify and define technical solutions for various gameplay features following design documentation.
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet minimum requirements and matches project’s code style.
- Analyze and correct bugs identified by people from other crafts, development testers or you and your peers.
- Document your work to share knowledge on how to use the new systems and functionalities.
- You have a master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- You have a genuine interest in game development and a curiosity for the games industry.
- You have good understanding of C/C++, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing.
- You have experience in profiling and low-level optimizations.
- You know how to follow software engineering principles and other best practices in your craft.
- You are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply now to make it yours!
Read more about us at: https://careers.ubisoftstockholm.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.