Gameplay Programmer (UE4)
10 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
Firaxis Games is seeking a talented and inspired Gameplay Programmer to join our award-winning development team. Firaxis is a highly collaborative and iterative environment, therefore we are looking for someone who can communicate easily and effectively with fellow coders, designers and artists.
What You’ll Do
· Implement gameplay features within an established framework.
· Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base.
· Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback.
· Support rapid prototyping and iteration of new features and systems.
· Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
· Actively maintain skill set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
What Will Make You A Great Fit
· Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
· Experience with Unreal Engine 4+.
· Excellent 3D math skills.
· Self-motivated and passionate about making games.
· Capable of conveying a range of complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members.
· Good communication skills.
· 3+ years industry experience.
· Good instincts for game design and fun and innovative gameplay a plus
· Experience with programming for multiplayer/online features and systems.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.