Gameplay Programmer - [The Settlers] (f/m/d)
15 days ago
The Gameplay Programming professionals at Ubisoft are the masters of interactions. They maximize the playability, fun and comfort for the players. Their role is to drive, challenge and turn creative ideas into high quality gameplay features in order to deliver believable, memorable and original gaming experiences. AI programmers, in particular, focus on AI algorithms and related data structures
- Understand and challenge the design intentions of the game to turn them into gameplay features that will maximize the playability and believability for the players
- Create solutions to facilitate the integration and adaptation of gameplay AI elements - be it strategic, tactical or operational - into the game.
- Challenges and works with designers on the definition and development of gameplay features to maximize the playability of the game
- Assists the design team by creating prototypes to validate AI features
- Provides team members with tools and systems to modify and improve their features in an iterative way
- Work on core gameplay systems like combat, economy, missions
- Good knowledge of and years of practical experience with at least one programming language (preferably C# and C++)
- Solid understanding of state of the art gameplay AI techniques and data structures
- Experience in working with existing game engines
- Ability to work with large, existing code bases
- Understand and apply strong prototyping techniques
- Proactive behavior and being a team player
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good English language skills
- At least 2 years of industry experience, a shipped title is a plus
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or any other relevant discipline is a plus
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Development Support: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free; The business language in the studio is English. No German is required to work with us.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, motivation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Assassin's Creed" VR, “The Settlers” and many more.