Gameplay Programmer - Rainbow Six Siege
Barcelona CT es
8 days ago
In this role, you’ll be joining the Balancing Cell team within R6 project and report to our Lead Gameplay programmer.
You will work closely with your lead and other programmers, as well as with other disciplines to fully enhance the features and prototypes that goes into our project.
- Design, implement and maintain gameplay systems together with game designers.
- Identify and define technical solutions for various gameplay features following design documentation.
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet minimum requirements and matches project’s code style. ·
- Produce efficient code and participate in code reviews.
- Analyse and correct bugs identified by people from other disciplines, development testers or you and your peers. ·
- Document your work to share knowledge on how to use the new systems and functionalities.
- At least 2 years in a Gameplay Programmer role working with C++
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
- Very good expertise of the software development environment and associated tools (i.e. Visual Studio, Perforce, etc.).
- Proven ability to debug bugs of a reasonable complexity.
- Experience developing gameplay systems in a networked game.
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Basic understanding of planning and monitoring tools (Jira, Excel).
- Ability to write clear, concise code & documentation keeping in mind performance, maintenance and compatibility with current systems.
- Ability to analyze unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend and refactor.
- Ability to judge and communicate on the potential impact of your changes.
- Ability to understand and apply the rational design methods.
- Ability to manage your own time and work within deadlines.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members. ·
- Good level of English.
- Prior experience in games development.
- Development experience in consoles is a plus.
- Knowledge of C# is a plus.
- Knowledge and passion for R6 is a plus.
Few words about Ubisoft Barcelona studio:
The studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! I bet that you know Barcelona for sure! Either for its amazing architecture, monuments and parks, famous nightlife with bars, restaurants and clubs, super weather and beaches, popular sport culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different food, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-mind and dynamic people. Exciting no?
As employee as much as citizen, we encourage you to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture for our talented team to produce the best AAA games in the videogames industry. We also encourage all our employees to invest time in playing any type of games, and if it’s together, even better!
In Barcelona studio, everyone feels like at home!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to have you!
List of benefits:
- Monthly Restaurant tickets
- Preferential price for medical insurance
- Sports / activities deal
- Access to transport tax deductions
- Free access to all Ubisoft games (PC)
- Discount for Ubisoft console games
- Fresh fruits / drinks
- Friday Morning Breakfast
- Friday afternoon free
- Flexible working hours
- Team building events
- Assistance for opening Bank account
- Assistance for house contract/ documentation review
- Assistance for local registration (NIE, SSN, Tax)
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®” , “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy's The Division 2 and Hyper Scape.