Fortnite Gameplay Programmer Internship [Fall 2021]
6 months ago
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Fortnite Team is looking for a smart, creative Gameplay Programmer Intern to join them for Fall 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. This team is responsible for developing new gameplay to bring the world of Fortnite to life. The successful candidate will work with the Battle Royale team to build and support new and current features. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Experiment with game design and use rapid prototyping while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made
- Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features
- Prototype and iterate on features and be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Supporting technical excellence of Fortnite on multiple platforms
- Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Write robust, maintainable code
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Experience coding gameplay features from start to finish
- Experience with the problems involved in making a client/server-based game
- Work/code samples from at least one project (indie, academic, hobby project, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills and experience working within a team
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4, bonus for understanding how gameplay blueprints work
- Well versed in game’s and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games
This is a remote paid internship for Fall 2021. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. F or more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students .
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.