This job might no longer be available.
Gameplay Programmer (Console)
Shanghai Shanghai cn
4 months ago
What you will do:
- Work closely with the game designers and understand their AI needs, and assess the technical feasibility;
- Design and implement features, modifications, improvements and optimizations to existing code base, in a clear and structured way;
- Provide workload estimates to leads, and follow up on progress on a regular basis;
- Actively participate in discussions about development progress with the other team members (AI, Animation, Game Design, etc…);
- Investigate and fix AI bugs;
- Document features and systems and share knowledge with the rest of the teams;
What you should be equipped with:
- 3+ years’ experience of game development programming;
- Strong C++ skills;
- Good knowledge of standard AI algorithms and concepts (pathfinding, animation, sensory, behaviors);
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills;
- Strong ability in problem solving and adapt to change;
- Results-driven with a strong attention to detail;
- Pro-active communication skills
- Good English communication both written and oral
- Experience with at least one shipped title, preferably an FPS or third person game;
- Computer science, mathematics or related degree;
- Experience with Behavior Trees;
- Experience with Animation Trees/Graphs.
- Experience with Node Graphs.
- Experience with Navigation (path finding/following).
What you will also get:
- An international working environment
- FUN Culture
- Lots of love from your colleagues!
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2016-17 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,460 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com