Gameplay Programmer [AC Franchise]
13 days ago
Your life at Ubi
As a Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft Bucharest, your role is to develop the features, mechanics and building blocks that create the game experience. For that, you will work closely with the other job families to define the design of various features and handle their implementation, ensuring believability, good game feel, and player comfort.
Your main mission:
- Work directly with game designers, prototypes, and researches to make sure that various features are completely and realistically designed
- In charge of assessing the technical feasibility of new features and the impact they bring on other modules and systems
- Implement features focusing on the quality of interaction between the player and the game
- Interact with the multiple job families which create assets for the game (game design, level design, art, FX, sound)
- Touch multiple programming fields – UI, audio, AI, network synchronization, engine - to obtain fully implemented features
The professional value you bring:
- Good knowledge of C++
- Ability to work with a large amount of code inside a large team
- Good software architecture skills are highly appreciated
- Good game design abilities are also useful for a gameplay programmer
Nice to have
- Personal game projects (projects developed in Unity or Unreal Engine are a plus)
The personal value you bring:
- Passion for game development is a plus
- Knowledge of current games and the ability to reverse engineer features and mechanics
- Understanding of other game development areas – UI, network, audio, animation etc.
- Good English communication skills
What do we offer benefits wise?
- Meal tickets with the value of 20 RON/day
- Studio offered free days, confirmed on an annual basis for different events
- Bonus scheme based both on individual and company’s performance
- World Class Bronze free subscription
- Access to private medical system and special subscription rates for family members
- On site medical support
- Life insurance
- Specific financial support for different events in your life
- Study leave
- Christmas/ Easter celebration with a special gift
- Partners’ discounts
- Video games and consoles to borrow
- Access to Ubisoft games via own Uplay account
- Annual development opportunities and access to multiple career paths and technical certifications
- Access to specialized training and books on various related skills
- Opportunities for international mobility and assignments
- Wellbeing program (including physical fitness, mental health, financial education and internal communities)
- A great working environment, with an impressive place to work in our offices in Jiului 8
- In-house free French classes
- Hybrid work (from home/ from office)
- Bookster (borrow books for free, delivered at home or in the office)
- Free fruits and coffee in the office
- On-site cafeteria with special discounts
- Ubisoft bikes, free rental
- Parking spaces for cars, bikes, motorbikes
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.