Sydney NSW au
7 days ago
WHAT YOU'LL DO
When you’re a Gameplay Engineer at Ubisoft Sydney, you have direct influence over the game content and the quality of the game experience. You’ll work with the Senior Gameplay Engineer to design and implement gameplay systems and game content. You will also collaborate with the game’s design team to create fun experiences for our players.
During the development process you’ll focus on building the game systems that are the foundation of our game. You’ll also be optimizing gameplay and ensuring the long-term stability of the product.
As a dependable member of a cohesive online game team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration, and debugging of the game’s features and content with creators from multiple disciplines.
- Design and implement gameplay systems
- Optimize and extend the game engine
- Collaborate with the design team to build systems
- Maintain and extend documentation on gameplay features and systems
- Self-manage programming task schedule updates and coordinate with production team
- Work with design team to ensure that gameplay systems are used properly
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 3+ years of experience in programming/engineering development
- C/C++ development skills
- Shipped titles as Gameplay Engineer
- Experienced in developing and implementing key gameplay systems
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related area
- Work well with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Welcome to Ubisoft Australia The Sydney office comprises 29 people who thrive on bringing Ubisoft games to the Australian market via marketing, sales, operations, finance and game development. Our culture is unique and vibrant - we work hard and we play hard!
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.