12 days ago
Who are Timbre Games?
Timbre Games are a Vancouver based early-stage game development studio with over 100 years of founding leadership. We believe culture drives creative, where we draw on community and diversity to build truly unique experiences.
Our mission is to build a world class network of Game Studios; to provide accessible awesomeness to our players, to our team, to the world.
Everyone has a story. Come write yours!
Who you are:
As a human, you’re a visionary explorer, a pursuer of fun, and focused on building community. You see an opportunity within games to do more and to have more than “ just a job”. You’ve had unique experiences both at work and personally that have expanded your curiosities to seek the root of a problem, to seek out issues, and work with people to explore solutions! Your experiences have made you who you are, and that has led to you understanding the importance of diversity in both thinking and in people. Oh, and games… You may like those, too!
Who you are at work:
You’re an entrepreneur; a self-motivated go-getter that enjoys solving problems and sharing the learnings with the team. When you do have a problem that leaves you scratching your head, you lean in for support from your team and collaborate to solve that problem. You connect with your fellow humans with humour, humility and curiosity. You are excited at being on the cutting edge of technology, learning all elements of Gameplay engineering!
What impact will you have as a Gameplay Engineer at Timbre:
- You’ll help us build a tonne of cool gameplay systems for our first game prototype!
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team, coming up with unique solutions to our trickiest engineering problems
- Dive deep into the Unreal engine, write clean C++ code and document everything clearly for our team and future engineering hires
- Be a part of defining our engineering culture
- Research and play other games to bring fresh ideas to our prototype
- Implement and maintain game features
Your track record might include:
- 3+ years of experience building highly immersive games or experiences
- A BS in computer science or a related field (mathematics, physics, engineering), or equivalent games industry experience
- Solving some of the most complex engineering problems at your previous studio(s)
- Experience with either AI, Animation, Rendering or Gameplay Programming
- Working with early stage prototypes, from concept through to launch
- Highly skilled communication, both verbally and digitally, to different disciplines within the studio
- Development experience in C++ and working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- A beautifully crafted gaming experience that has shipped to PC or console!
About Timbre Games:
Timbre Games are headed up by industry veterans in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Our experience stretches through mobile to AAA (think Gears of War, the Sims, SSX, FIFA, Age of Empires, among others!). We’re excited to build a ‘playoff ready’ studio that is centered on creativity, humour and diversity. We can’t wait to share our first project that we’re secretly working away on, and we welcome your application with open arms as we grow a world-class studio here in Canada!
· Competitive salary & benefits
· Annual bonus & RRSP matching
· 20 days paid vacation, plus Christmas week off
· Remote / Work from home / Flexible hours
· Open door policy with direct access to leadership
· Industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre Game’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered. We believe that culture drives creative, we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equality, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
DO I NEED TO MEET ALL CRITERIA TO APPLY?
Definitely not! If you share our mission of creating games that are accessible for everyone, we’d love to meet you and see what is possible!
If you believe you are who we’re looking for, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please upload a link to your portfolio for us to review!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.