19 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, we are a AAA development studio within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. With the release of our first title, The Callisto Protocol, we are excited to continue to grow our team.
Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
- Work cohesively with a team of programmers, artists, and designers to design, prototype, and implement gameplay features.
- Build and maintain a variety of robust, flexible, and well-architected systems, including controls, abilities, AI, and RPG systems.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Communicate accurate status updates to your team leads, producers, and QA regarding tasks/features you are responsible for.
- Delve into code written by other engineers and take ownership of existing systems as needed.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly performant code
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines
- Expertise with UE4, particularly with gameplay related systems
- Experience shipping games on next generation consoles and PC
- At least 2 years of games industry experience and preferably 2 years or more in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills; ideally, you are fluent in “artist” and “designer” speak
- Strong 3D math skills and low-level engine experience
- Fluent in C/C++
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant work experience
In California, the expected salary range for this position is $120,000-$155,000. The listed expected salary range represents a good faith estimate and the actual pay may depend on a variety of job-related factors that can include experience, education, skills, and location.
Due to recent scams, our recruiters will only reach out to you via @sds.com, @krafton.com or @pubg.com. If you received an email and are unsure you can always email email@example.com .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.