Gameplay Engineer - New IP
17 days ago
Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
As a gameplay engineer, you will work collaboratively with designers and fellow engineers to implement efficient, maintainable game systems. Our team puts creating great player experiences first and foremost, and you will be a critical part of making that possible. An ideal candidate will bring a collaborative mindset and be comfortable working in large codebases.
The successful candidate must have strong C++ skills and a desire to solve problems in an R&D environment. The applicant must have strong debugging and optimization skills combined with prior experience building and maintaining player-facing gameplay systems.
- Design, prototype, implement and test gameplay features and supporting systems.
- Produce tools or debug features to help designers or programmers develop gameplay features.
- Consult with other engineers and designers on the team to develop systems in support of R&D prototyping, as required.
- Coordinate with other teams to enhance R&D efforts collaboratively.
- 5+ years of software experience in the games industry.
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous R&D environment.
- Highly proficient in C++.
- Experience prototyping game features in a multiplayer environment.
- Strong debugging and optimization skills.
- Good knowledge of UE5 and Blueprints.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers — local and remote.
- Familiar with PC and mobile development.
- Live service experience.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.