Gameplay Engineer (Modes)
6 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What we need:
Striking Distance Studios is looking for a Gameplay Engineer (Modes) to work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement combat game features and systems within our game engine.
- Work cohesively with a team of programmers, artists, and designers to design, prototype, and implement gameplay combat features.
- Build and maintain a variety of robust, flexible, and well-architected systems, including controls, abilities, AI, and RPG systems.
- Work with Designers to create robust Multiplayer Gameplay Modes.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Communicate accurate status updates to your team leads, producers, and QA regarding tasks/features you are responsible for.
- Delve into code written by other engineers and take ownership of existing systems as needed.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly performant code
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines
- Expertise with UE4, particularly with gameplay multiplayer game mode related systems
- Experience shipping games on consoles and PC
- At least 3 years of games industry experience and preferably 2 years or more in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills: ideally, you are fluent in “artist” and “designer” speak
- Strong 3D math skills and low-level engine experience
- Fluent in C/C+
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant work experience