Gameplay Engineer - Maxis
13 days ago
Maxis is looking for a talented engineer that can help us bring the next wave of simulation features to life. This engineer will work with an experienced team that has collectively built almost all Maxis games in the past two decades. You will actively work with multiple designers and simulation engineers prototyping and shipping various features that expand the gameplay possibilities of Sims games. Most of the work is expected to be done in Unreal Engine, both in C++ and blueprints.
As a Gameplay 'Simulation' Engineer for a game at Maxis, you will
- Work with designers, producers, artists, and other core and backend engineers to build a framework that brings designs to life.
- Implement a data driven simulation system to author player facing behaviors in C++.
- Demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving skills under iteratively changing requirements during game development.
- Build creative aspects of real life within a simulation game (e.g. socialization, careers, weather, unique characters).
- Author technical design documents detailing software requirements.
- Build unique content for a game that supports a large demographic of simulation player patterns.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 5+ year experience in a hands on development role.
- Demonstrate technical abilities with large projects implemented in C++.
- Hands on experience building and shipping AAA games in Unreal engine.
- Previous engineering experience owning major systems in code bases.
- Hands on experience and willingness to create multiple short-lived prototypes.
- Experience developing for large-scale live products. Products that constantly update to provide higher quality, and feature set to expand the possibilities in the game.
- Experience building features and tools for games (or applications) that support a collaborative User Generated Content community.
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments with multidisciplinary roles beyond engineering like design, production, art and product management.
- Experience optimizing performance and memory of real time applications (like games).
- Experience with Windows platform and development tools.
- Experience developing for both PC and Mobile platform games.
- Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
- Experience mentoring or leading engineers in different projects.
- Experience with Machine Learning techniques applied in the games domain.
- Experience with shipping games built in Unity engine.
- Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.