Gameplay Engineer - Creative Play
16 days ago
We are looking for a Gameplay Engineer for our Creative Play team. We are building a social game space - focused on fun, approachable ways for users to express themselves through creation, sharing, and play.
In the role, you will focus on efforts related to our work on community and progression. This includes work on our friend system and social features, quests, events and seasonal campaigns, avatar personalization, and player economy features.
At Embark we have a strong team who we believe in, we place our trust in you. We have faith that by giving you the platform to challenge yourself and the space to learn from lessons along the way, we will collectively reach our goals. We are a hybrid-remote team, and value developers who take initiative, and communicate and collaborate across the project.
Example of responsibilities
In this role you will build and maintain user-facing features that directly impact player experience such as:
- Friend system that enables players to build relationships
- Verbal and non-verbal communication to foster collaboration
- Quests, events and seasonal campaigns to drive engagement
- Avatar personalization to let players express themselves
- Helping develop the overall economy of the platform
We would love if you have
- Participated in game jams or other small focused creative development
- Played with Roblox, Dreams, Mario Maker, and UGC based games.
- Experience in Rust, C++ or other modern programming languages
- Game system experience, e.g. physics, game mechanics, game AI, ECS’, etc
- Experience with 3D game engines
- Professional English communication skills
- Willingness to be dynamic and jump between different areas
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our " Open Application. "
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.