Gameplay Engineer (Combat Focus)
9 days ago
Crystal Dynamics is constantly seeking the best gaming talent worldwide to add to our 30-plus year legacy of AAAA game development creating new and iconic franchises. We are committed to making great games with great people and living the dream while doing it.
Benefits for our full-time positions include, but are not limited to, a competitive regional salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options, professional development reimbursement perk, flexible hybrid on-site/off-site work opportunities, 12 company paid holidays, additional 10 paid days in December when the studio is closed for holiday break, and the ability to accrue weeks of personal paid time-off.
Join us and shape the future of an amazing studio culture committed to creating award-winning franchises like Tomb Raider, the next Perfect Dark , and more!
Come be a part of the future of Tomb Raider as a Gameplay Engineer!
As a Gameplay Engineer I, you will...
- Design, implement, and optimize C++ code in new and existing systems
- Create and contribute to technical design documents, code documentation, and Wiki/Web based documents
- Respond to changing requirements, and potential development issues and roadblocks
- Collaborate with peers and/or senior programmers on priorities and design review, and then take ownership and development responsibilities for extending existing systems or on new systems
- Work autonomously to define, refine, and alter technical designs and implementation of large or complex systems or tools
- Partner with internal groups, including QA and leads, to resolve problems
- Communicate thoughts and ideas with peer programmers and supervisor effectively in order to collectively work towards larger technical goals
As a Gameplay Engineer I, you must have...
- Professional experience with game programming
- Experience designing, implementing, and optimizing C++ code in new and existing systems
- Knowledge in overall game architecture, tools, and game systems
- Experience programming within proprietary and/or commercial game engines
- Strong Math and Programming skills (C++)
It’ll be a bonus if you also have...
- Programming experience within Unreal Engine
The pay range for this role includes the annual base salary, not including bonus and the generous benefits package that Crystal Dynamics provides all full-time employees. Individual compensation is determined by work location within our approved states, as well as additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education. Your recruiter will be able to share more information about total compensation.
$92,000 — $123,000 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Not sure if you are qualified? We hope that you will still choose to apply so we may review your application!
Crystal Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to identifying and implementing positive and persistent measures to ensure equal opportunity in the recruitment, hiring, development, training, promotion and compensation of a diverse team employee group. This includes persons of different race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, political affiliation, age, veteran status, uniform service member status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or citizenship, as well as any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand Crystal Dynamics’s Privacy Notice available at https://www.crystald.com/legal/privacy/.