This job might no longer be available.
14 days ago
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
Who a Gameplay Designer is at BioWare:
- Communicate and work with a team of programmers, artists, and designers through all stages of development to design and implement exciting encounters.
- Take ownership of the design and implementation of core player character mechanics, controls, and camera.
- Create and maintain clear design documentation.
- Share in critique sessions to provide and receive input to your own and your peers’ work.
- Meet with the game design team to discuss progress, tackle setbacks, find solutions, share experience, provide and implement feedback, etc.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints & participate in finding solutions to fix buggy features.
- Keep up to date on best practices to develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in systems design and game design
- Experience planning and implementing complex multiplayer combat encounters.
- Familiarity with level design fundamentals, constraints, and narrative.
- Comfortable collaborating with groups within art and programming.
- Good understanding of current scripting language and level editors with the ability to implement and manipulate content.
- Familiarity with Star Wars: The Old Republic gameplay and level design.
- Knowledge of current MMORPG genre trends.
- Ability to constructively critique the content of peers in a group environment, and receive the same constructive critique.
- A passion for gaming!